Monday 18 February 2008

"Breaking Through""Yellow" by Cold Play was filmed at this beach in good old Ireland. This a shot I just couldn't pass up with the sun's rays coming through the clouds like so.

"Gan Aiféala"
This Celtic cross was in a random country monastery and similar structures are seen everywhere around Ireland, especially as the headstones on graves. I really like how they are engraved with so much design and how the circle is incorporated into the cross region. It would make a good tattoo.

"Never Did Win Those Spelling Bees"
It's true...I never did win a spelling bee, but I never even actually made it to the spelling bee. Back in the day I was an amazing speller up until 2nd grade around Christmas time when I spelled my first spelling word wrong. The word was "present" and after that the disappointment lead me into a downward spiral. For those confused as to what this has to do with the above picture taken in Ireland, "roadworks" is spelled wrong.

"Sounds Like A Good Time"
These surfers were pretty lame, but I was jealous of them because I've always wanted to learn how to surf. We spent a lot of time enjoying the warm weather on the beach in Ireland and watching them try to surf, but they were horrible and kept bailing out on waves. They pretty much just floated around in the freezing cold water...sounds like a good time.

"When It Snows, How It Storms"
I can across this gravestone on my walk through the Howick Hall Gardens with my homestay Gma Susan to see the newly blooming Snowdrops. Earl Grey, the tea guy, used to own and live on this property. I hope my grave is covered with bright blooming flowers when I'm buried.

"Can You Feel The Love Tonight"
I'm so glad we have a president who makes our country and the people hated everywhere around the world. This mural in Belfast, Ireland pays tribute to our great president by crowning him "America's Greatest Failure." We were definitely feeling the love.

"Diddily Dee Ireland"
This car was hanging upside down in the Dublin Hardrock Cafe. Dublin is very overrated and I'd have to say this is the most interesting thing I saw in the whole city.

"Water Works"This view is only a small portion of a huge fountain in the Alnwick Gardens. It's quite a fun place to go and even has a restaurant in a tree house. There's even a Harry Potter Herbology poison garden where the plants are actually poisonous.

"What's The Point In Going Around When It's A Straight Line"

Apparently there are many of these so called beehive huts across Europe, and they form a perfectly straight line. Now that takes some major skill. I wish they would have let me stay it this hut instead of the hostel for a more historically cultural experience.

"Dead End"
Ireland has some major cliffage along its many coastlines. This cliff in particular is where I had a romantic Valentine's Day lunch with my fellow roommate Furry consisting of an apple turnover, and my two new obsessions, a blueberry muffin and banana, from the local grocery store. It was pretty windy and the cliff could have broke off and crumbled, but that's just a risk you have to take for a great photography picture.

No comments: