Sunday 24 February 2008

"All The Way To The Waves"
This is a very green and bright coastal view of Ireland. The weather was so nice the whole time we were there when it is usually much like the gloominess we experience in England.

"Traded In Your Cross"This church and gravesite was in the heart of Newcastle. I always find it somewhat weird to see church yards filled with gravestones being it's not really like that in the states. The oldest grave I noticed was dated all the way back to 1799, but there might have been even older headstones being I trapped behind the bars and couldn't see that far back.

"Snails See The Benefits"Never did I ever think I would see a squirrel crossing sign in my life. I feel like they are being discriminative and favoring squirrels over other animals such as frogs and snails among many others. As stated in lyrics by my all time favorite band, The Format, "Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch." I think that everyone should live life more like a snail and less like a squirrel, so why are the British so keen on saving a bad example.

"Tune Out"
This is my buddy Hannah when we were playing at the park after a walk on the beach a couple weeks ago. She was tuned out to the world like any other kid, and was just running around a lot while rocking her purple wellies like no other.

"Oh You've Got Flaws"
This nature scene was taken it a wooded area after reaching the summit of the never ending hill while on our class hike. It took us about 45 minutes to reach this heavenly place that was adorned with a tower, a house we were not allowed to take pictures of, a lot of trees, and a pack of shy and fast moving peacocks.

"It's The Clouds That Fool The Sun To Set"
This was the only time the weather in Ireland looked a little gloomy, but it actually held out for us and didn't rain. I really like how the tree is silhouetted in the night from the setting sun. It gives the scene a bit of an eerie feel.

"Away From This Scene"
I had a fun time messing with the effects for this picture. Sometimes I feel that signs telling you not to do something in turn make you want to do that thing. This is why I kept the pole and sign pretty bright to stick out amongst the background. The pole is surrounded by dark objects such as the leaves and barbed wire to symbolize the death the sign is warning about.

"One Step Closer"
These peacocks were on the property of the house we were not allowed to take pictures off. They were very hard to get near and every step was a risk since they kept running away once they noticed I was getting too close. I was also pretty disappointed being they never showed off their bright feathers.

"That's The Way We Get By"
This is the Center for Science in Newcastle upon-Tyne. It was a very bright between the colorfully painted building and flashing "Life" everywhere. There was a huge DNA sculpture nearby and I thought this place was pretty interesting since I am a Biochemistry major.

"I Placed You On A Window Sill"
These flowers were adored the gate to the new Percy family gravesite. For those who don't know, the Percy family is the family that has held the title of Duke of Northumberland, and they own and reside in the castle we are staying in. It took us quite a bit of time to walk this far along our nature hike so I'd say that this site is pretty secluded.

No comments: