Monday 14 April 2008

"The Holy Land"This is a view from St. Cuthbert's island looking out at the North Sea beyond. It wasn't exactly the easiest to get out to being we had to hop from rock to rock, but luckily I had my good old brightly striped wellies on for amazing day at the sea.

"Growing In The Depths"
As we walked up this path from the beach I couldn't help but keep my eyes on these bright yellow flowers growing through the cracks of the stone wall. Our trip to Holy Island was my favorite field trip, excluding London and Paris of course, because we had a lot of free time to just walk around and explore on our own. I really enjoyed being down by the sea shore and trying to look for St. Cuthbert's beads.

"Past The Post"
Instead of trying out a crab sandwich, Charles and I decided to educate ourselves some more by taking a walk to the castle. While walking along this mile long path we realized how lucky we our that our castle is pretty much in the heart of Alnwick.

"Watchful Eyes"
This man is one of the Swiss guards on duty in Vatican City. They are very easy to spot with their vibrantly striped uniforms. This guard looks like he is standing watch in a hallway that leads to the Wizard of Oz.

"The Holy Crawler"
My photag blog just wouldn't be the same without a snail picture. This little fellow was chilling on the wall surrounding Vatican City. We were pretty lucky to spot the little guy because he's probably the size of a quarter.

"Golden Arches"
I just can't get over how amazing the Coliseum looks at night. The lights make the arches glow and look golden against the dark night sky. I could have sat in the grass for hours just starring at it.

"Criss Cross"
I don't know what intrigues me so much when it comes to Celtic crosses. Maybe it's the Irish in my blood or all the intricate designs, but whatever it is it keeps me taking pictures of them.

"Quiet Streets"
I haven't seen the streets of Alnwick this peaceful in a long time, but I suppose this is because it was a Wednesday night and not the weekend.

"To The Sky"

This is the priory on Holy Island. After Christine finally stopped giving us a history lesson, I had a fun time running around with my crew and exploring the ruins. Charles and I also got in a few of our famous jumping pictures that are so professionally captured by Lindsey's amazing motion photag skills.

"Curiosity Killed the Limpet"
When Charles and I decided to treck over to St. Cuthbert's Island, we got very distracted by all of the sea life. We discovered some shells that had animals inside who suctioned themselves to rocks. We later learned that these animals are called Limpets and Charles was killing them by pulling them off the rocks.

No comments: